Frequently Asked Questions for the Clerk

Clerk FAQs

Q: Who needs a business License?
A: Anyone doing business in the county is required to get a business license. This includes completing and signing a business application, and remitting the appropriate fees. A signed Personal Property Statement must also be submitted with any applicable taxes. Your Person Property Statement can be obtained with the County Assessor's Office.

Q: How can I obtain a Marriage License?
A: Both parties must appear in person and provide picture identification. 18-21 year old must have a birth certificate along with picture I.D. A $30.00 fee is required.

Q: How can I get a copy of a Marriage License?
A: Contact the County Clerk=s Office at (435) 784-3154. Provide the names of the bride and groom, and date of marriage along with a $8.00 check for a certified copy or $0.25 for an un-certified copy.

Q: How do I change my mailing address for Property Tax Notices?
A. Submit to the County Clerk/Treasurer's office in writing or via Email the new address where you want your Tax Notice mailed to. Please make sure when you provide this information it includes your Parcel number(s).
Mail to: PO Box 400, Manila, UT 84046

Q: How do I get on the agenda for a Commission Meeting?
A: Contact the Clerks office at (435) 784-3154 by 12:00 Noon the Friday BEFORE Commission Meeting.