Public Notice - Region 5 Pre-Mitigation Plan Update
The draft copy of the Uintah Basin Region 5 Pre-Mitigation Plan update document has been submitted to the Utah State Division of Emergency Management for their review and comment.
The Daggett County Emergency Management Office has a hard copy of the document available for public review at the Daggett County Sheriff's for a 30 day public comment period that will coincide with the State's 30 day review period.
Please contact Travis Dupaix, Daggett County Emergency Manager at 435-659-0195 to review this Uintah Basin Region 5 Pre-Mitigation Plan update. Please bring a government issued I.D. with you for records documentation.
What We Do
- Educate the community on how to prepare for Disaster, whether it is Manmade, Technological, or Natural.
- Write and update the Daggett County Emergency Operations Plan.
- Assist the Community in how to prepare for major incidents & disaster.
- Respond to major disasters within the community by setting up and coordinating the Emergency Operations Center.
- Prepare Emergency Declarations for the Commission to sign.
- Coordinate all agencies and departments in writing a Plan for Recovery from a disaster.
- Work with State and Federal Agencies coordinate plans and assist to mitigate hazards.
- Participate in Tri-County boards and teams to obtain Homeland Security Grant monies.
- Track Homeland Security required trainings, and equipment purchased by Homeland Security Grant monies.
- Request reimbursement for equipment purchased by Homeland Security grant money.
- Participate in the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Work with public and private agencies through the LEPC to update the Emergency Operations Plans.
- Apply for, and track the Emergency Management Planning Grant.
- Develop and update Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plan
- Apply for and track the Hazardous Materials Emergency Planning grant.
- Participate in the Regional Response Planning Committee.
- Coordinate with the American Red Cross for Sheltering. Coordinate and assist in writing Mutual Aid and other types of agreements.
PO Box 219
95 North 1st West
Manila, UT 84046